The QROOI and Ontario Racing are working to develop an Aid package to help provide our industry with some level of support.
The QROOI and Ajax Downs are working to ensure that our industry can survive the Covid-19 pandemic. We understand that this is an unprecedented time. As this crisis continues to escalate we are unable to provide you with a specific timeline for our return to racing. We will however continue to send out updates as they become available and encourage you to call or email the QROOI if you have any questions.
At this time, we have decided to cancel the first two weeks of training, this puts our first possible training date at April 20, 2020. As we move forward in these unique and difficult circumstances, we will continue to evaluate the start of training along with the start of racing.
The QROOI and Ontario Racing are working to develop an Aid package to help provide our industry with some level of support. This package is intended to ensure that our horses continue to be cared for and trained. Details will be provided to you as soon as something has been approved. We ask that you please send your horse listings in to the QROOI at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The QROOI Stakes entries are due as per the stakes program but payments will not be due at this time. We feel that if changes need to be made to the stakes program that having the number of entries on hand when these decisions are being made will result in the least impact to our membership. We are asking that all forms and nominations continue to be sent into our office.
The QROOI Annual General Meeting has been postponed and combined with our Fall Election meeting in 2020. The QROOI office is closed indefinitely however we are still checking the mail and answering the telephone/email.
The Horse Purchase Program payments that are due June 1st will be postponed until November 1st.
We understand the uncertainty that this epidemic is causing for all of you. Please continue to self-isolate and practice social distancing and make sure that those of you that are returning from the USA self quarantine for 14 days to protect everyone. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact any of the Directors.
2020 Board of Directors –
Bob Broadstock – 905-626-8487
Chantelle Bourgeois - 416-985-7046
James Bogar - 705-879-1565
Ralph Pearson – 905-243-4501
Amanda McCormack - 705-741-8807 Scott Reid - 905-809-0628
Ontario Racing Task Force Notice to the Industry
Ontario Racing Forms Task Force
Woodbine Postpones Start of 2020 Season Due to COVID-19
Woodbine Postpones start of 2020 TB Season
Woodbine Announces suspension of racing at Mohawk
Equestrian Canada Statement On Covid 19 and Horses crossing the US border
Covid-19 Self Assessment
QROOI/Ajax Downs Press Release - March 27th 2020