NOTICE TO INDUSTRY: Attention Horsepeople
Now that the Re-Allocation of Purse Funds Program has been announced and we have started to receive applications, here are a few helpful updates:
• Cheques will be issued on a monthly basis with the first cheques scheduled to be mailed in early May to cover April expenses.
• We are in the process of issuing the cheques for the last week of March eligible horses.
• A copy of your trainer’s invoice as well as proof of payment for the month of April must be submitted in order to qualify for payment in May.
• Last week, Woodbine Entertainment CEO Jim Lawson hosted a live Q & A for horsepeople and during the session he mentioned that he was hopeful that live racing could potentially return in June or July. You can watch the entire Q & A session here: https://woodbine.com/horsepeople/ (bottom of page).
• We will work to re-schedule OSS races to later in the year depending on the date on which live racing resumes in the province.
Please note: It is not anticipated that there will be any live racing in the province during the month of May.
Thank you for your patience as we move through the application process.
Ontario Racing News Release