• Ontario Racing has received applications for more than 5,000 racehorses from horsepeople across the Province and is happy to report that cheques are now being distributed. Many thanks to the HBPA, COSA, QROOI and ORM staff for their non-stop efforts to get an incredible amount of paperwork processed.
• Trainers who do not receive payment for their April invoices by May 21 should contact ORM at email@example.com. Please note that this date has been extended by 1 week. We expect payments for the month of May to be distributed during the last week of May. • Cheques for qualified Standardbred racehorses, drivers and trainers for the last week of March have now been fully distributed. Please contact ORM at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received your cheque(s) or if you have any questions.
• Efforts to resume racing in the Province, albeit without spectators, are continuing. We are working with the AGCO to amend some of the Rules of Racing to expedite the return to racing, and with the racetracks to ensure protocols are in place to ensure the safety of our racing officials, judges, track personnel and race participants. Our member horsepeople associations and racetracks have all participated in discussions to safely return to racing in the Province.
• We are also working hand in hand with our partners at the OLG, and are awaiting the go ahead from the Provincial government.
• Once a return to racing is achieved, we will quickly update the industry on revised breed specific HIP programming and dates.
• Please be reminded that Woodbine Entertainment CEO Jim Lawson is hosting an online Stronger Together question and answer session tomorrow, Tuesday, May 12 at 2 p.m. on Woodbine.com.
Ontario Racing Press Release - May 11th, 2020